Intro - Why cheap vape mods?
Let’s face it, you wanna vape. You need a good mod, but you also need money leftover for juice, coils, and other accessories. Perhaps you are upgrading from a vape pen or pod mod, and you don’t need anything too crazy. You see a cheap vape mod online and wonder, is it even worth it?
Let’s take a look at cheap vape mods and see how they compare to more expensive ones. But first, let’s ask ourselves, why would we buy a cheap vape mod?
Beater mod/daily driver
Even if you own a Rolls Royce, you are not going take it out everywhere you go. The beater mod is essentially the vaping equivalent of a hoop-dee. It will get you from point A to point B, but it isn’t going to get that double-take that you might get when using an exotic stabwood box mod.
If you are the type of person that loses stuff all the time, a beater mod is a beautiful thing to own. Something durable enough to survive the roughest days. These mods are not disposable, but for the price they are cheap enough to be replaced. That is the beauty of cheap vape mods.
You need a beater mod as your daily driver. It doesn’t need to be the best mod ever, just something that can provide enough power to your coils and is durable enough to get you through the day, everyday.
You are gonna need a backup mod, one that you throw in your bag or desk at work just in case. You never want to get stuck without a working vape, especially if you are new to vaping because chances are you will find yourself reverting back to your old ways and buying a pack of smokes.
You can also hold on to an extra mod to lend to your smoker friends. You don’t need a DNA chip to quit cigarettes, a cheap vape mod will also do the trick. This isn’t all about being fancy all the time, this is about a healthier alternative to cigarettes. A cheap vape mod will still do the job.
Let’s say you just recently started vaping, instead of smoking cigarettes. Admit it, you got cloud envy. You see these guys and gals blowing massive white plumes of vapor and you want to get in on the fun, but don’t want to invest your life savings on an expensive vape mod.
A cheap vape mod would be the perfect step up from an all-in-one vape pen or pod mod. Box mods used to be way more expensive and didn’t even reach the type of wattage that we have now. For around $50 you can get yourself a battery that will give you hours of cloud-blowing fun.
Cheap vape mods are a great way for somebody to transition from a vape pen, e-cigarette or pod mod.
How are these mods so cheap?
Back in the day... (aka 5 years ago)
Less than five years ago, the most advanced mod, such as the Provari would cost over $200 and wasn’t able to go much higher than 20 watts. Today we can buy an iStick 100W for less than half the price! Not to mention it probably comes with way more features than the Provari.
Made in China
Due to the increase in demand and sales, prices have been getting lower and lower. Many of these mods are made in Chinese factories where production costs are way cheaper than in the United States so that is why we have been seeing so many mods that are super cheap.
5 cheap vape mods
Here are some of the cheapest mods on the web straight from our vape deals page. Be sure to check it out each day as we are constantly updating it with new deals.
- Size: 46*22*87mm
- Thread Type: 510 spring loaded thread
- Cell Type: High-rate 18650 cell
- (discharging current should be above 25A)
The Noisy Cricket II gives you the simplicity of a mechanical mod, with the safety of a regulated device.
- Size: 51mm x 41mm x 90mm
- Working voltage: 9.3V - 12.6V
- Variable voltage: 2.5V - 6.5V
- Max output currency: 50A
- Max Output Wattage: 300W
- Quiescent current: less than 30uA
- Chip-set: IWEPAL
- Battery: 3x 18650 cells(not included)
- Thread: spring-loaded 510 connector
The new iJoy Maxo Zenith Box Mod is high-performing, triple cell device that has a maximum power output of 300 watts.
- Dual 18650 device
- Capable of 200w
- Coil resistance up to 3.0Ω
- Size: 90*50*24mm
- Spring loaded 510 pin
The iJoy Asolo is a solid box mod that can go up to 200W, and although it is not tiny, it has a nice feel in the hand.
- Dimensions: 3``L x 1-1/2``W x 7/8``D
- Black Billet Aluminum Body
- Temperature Control Functionality
- Powered by a Single 18650 Battery (Batteries not Included)
- Sliding Ball Bearing Battery Door
- Output Wattage: 7w - 75w
- Standard Atomizer Resistance: 0.2Ω - 3.0Ω
- Joule Atomizer Resistance: 0.05Ω - 0.3Ω
- Temperature Range: 200 - 580°F
- Spring Loaded 510 Atomizer Contact Pin
- 510 Threaded
- USB Charging Port
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Output short protection
- Low resistance protection
- Battery low voltage protection
- Temperature overheat protection
The IPV D2 has proven itself to be one of the most trusted workhorse mods.
- Size: 49.5mm(L)*23.5mm(W)*83.5mm(H)
- Thread type: 510 thread
- Output mode: VW/Bypass/Smart/TC mode
- Output wattage: 1-80W
- Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes)
- 0.1-3.5ohm (VW/Bypass/Smart mode)
- Temperature range: 100－315℃/200－600℉ (TC modes)
- Color: brushed silver | white | grey | bronze |
The Eleaf iPower is a box mod with a powerful built-in battery that can hit up to 80W.
- Size: 42mm*58mm*81.7mm
- Thread Type: 510 spring loaded thread
- Cell type: High-rate 18650 cell
- Cell type: (discharge current should be above 25A)
- Output Mode: VW/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR Mode
- Output Wattage: 1-300W
- Resistance Range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC modes
- Resistance Range: 0.1-3.5ohm for VW mode
- Temperature Range: 100-315°C/200-600°F (TC modes)
- Maximum Charging Current: 1.5A
- Maximum Output Current: 50A
The RX300 is a quad-cell device by Wismec that can do up to 300W of power.