Geek Vape Medusa Reborn RDTA Intro
It would seem that Geek Vape is firing on all cylinders recently, with very little time between new vape releases and upgraded versions of old releases hitting the shelves faster than ever before.
This means that while many of us are still getting around to experiencing the Medusa RDTA for the first time, Geek Vape is already preparing to hit the market with another version: the Medusa Reborn RDTA – now available for pre-order.
Let’s do a quick comparison and see what makes this Medusa RDTA “reborn”, if in fact there is anything.
Geek Vape Medusa Reborn RDTA Specs and features
- 25mm Diameter
- 3.5mL Tank Capacity
- Deep Juice Well
- Superior Stainless Steel Construction
- Elegant Engravings
- Intuitive Three-Piece Apparatus
- Horizontal Two-Post | Dual Terminal Design
- Staggered Orientation
- Top-Secured via Slotted Flathead Screws
- Single or Dual Configurations
- Dynamic Side Airflow System
- Quick Access System – Convenient Refill Process
- 810 Proprietary PEI Wide Drip Tip
- 510 Drip Tip Adapter
- Gold-Plated 510 Contact
- Colors: Stainless Steel | Rainbow | Blue | Black
There are some notable updates of the Medusa Reborn RDTA.
- A revised build deck that is now a wider, stepped and angled split-post design. This makes it easier to install larger, staggered coils.
- A gold-plated squonk pin that releases juice under the posts to refill the well.
- More area around the deck to fill (just in case you don’t want to squonk, or you want to change your juice).
- Geek Vape also added what they call a “quick access system”, which is meant to make building and dripping easier than it was in the original. This is just the elimination of keyed afc ring and base. Now you just pull it straight up and off. A welcomed change to the first.
Other differences with the Medusa Reborn is that it’s a taller atomizer (but it looks identical to the original), and there is now a 510 drip tip adapter.
As to whether this atomizer is truly reborn, it feels more like some minor updates to the functionality of the atty. A basic v2 is all. If you have the older model, it’s doubtful that you will miss out on improved performance in vapor or flavor. And you still can’t see the juice level, but having the squonking pin for refilling, it’s like you have a separate tank on reserve.
So, if you were intending to invest in the Medusa RDTA at some point, it might make sense to get your hands on the “reborn” version instead and take advantage of the various design and functionality improvements that are on offer.