Drop Dead RDA Intro
After a series of social media teasers, the Drop Dead RDA is about to make its appearance. Hellvape’s collaboration with YouTube reviewers Heathen and TVC is what its name implies: a “hybrid” of two of the most popular RDAs around, TVC’s Drop and Heathen’s Dead Rabbit. The idea was to combine the best features of the these two and come out with a 24 mm dual-coil RDA that is more than the sum of its parts.
On top of that, there are some new features in play. The deck has an innovative top cap locking mechanism, which allows full airflow adjustment. And for a touch of class, the two-piece 810 drip tip comes with a metal base which blends with the top cap, giving the Drop Dead RDA a high-end look.
Colors: black, stainless steel, purple, blue, rainbow, gunmetal, and more
Drop Dead RDA specs and features
- Four large post holes allowing for easy coil placement
- Maximum build space with easy access to trim coil legs after installation
- Downward sloping airflow with 14 air holes in two horizontal rows
- Purging without vapor hitting the users face
- Deep juice well
- Internally notched barrel and deck allow for easy RDA removal and full airflow adjustment
- Two-piece stainless steel 810 drip tip with included threaded replaceable acrylic tips
- Standard positive pin and raised BF squonk 510 pin
- 24mm Drop Dead RDA With colorful resin drip tip
- Black 810 Drip tip
- Stainless steel 510 adapter
- 4 x Philips head post screws
- Spared O-rings
- Slotted head screwdriver
- Philips head screwdriver
- Hex screwdriver
- Drop Dead sticker
A little bit of this, a little bit of that
At a glance, it seems that most of the exterior design of the Drop Dead RDA is taken from the Dead Rabbit. Airflow is placed on the top of the cap, the logo features Heathen’s rabbit sketch, and the knurling on top can also be found on the Dead Rabbit. Taking the top cap off reveals a deck that is very close to the Drop’s original design, with the posts positioned on the sides and a raised squonk pin in the middle.
On closer inspection, things get a bit more interesting. The Dead Rabbit top-to-side angled airflow is combined with the Drop’s honeycomb airflow design, while the top of the building posts has been made broader, giving them a rabbit ear look – while at the same time allowing for even larger builds.
For a more detailed look at the Drop Dead RDA (and some interesting behind-the-scenes stories) check out the video that was uploaded in both TVC’s and Heathen’s channels:
The Drop Dead RDA will be shipping around the 20th of July – pre-orders are already live in many online vendors’ sites. Are you a proud owner of the Dead Rabbit or the Drop? What do you think of the Drop Dead RDA? Let us know in the comment section.