Innokin iSub G Intro
In this article we review the Innokin iSub G sub ohm tank. I won’t be going into very much detail in this review as the iSub G is very similar to the Innokin iSub that we reviewed in depth a few days ago. Check out the iSub review for more information. I will point out the major differences between the iSub G and the normal iSub below and why you would get the iSub G tank over the original.
Innokin iSub G Specs and Features
- Dimensions: 2″L x 7/8″D (without drip tip)
- 510 Threaded
- Diameter: 22mm
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Glass Tank
- Japanese Organic Cotton Coils
- Huge 4.5ml Capacity
- Fully Adjustable Airflow
- No-Spill Coil Swap System
- Removable drip tip
- Price: $21.95
- Wattage Range: 20-35W
- Tank Capacity: 4.5ml
- Coils Available: 0.5ohm
- Wicking material: 100% Japanese Organic Cotton
- RBA: No RBA available
- Diameter: 22mm
Differences between the iSub G and the iSub PC
So the iSub G is around $5-9 more expensive than the iSub with the German PC tank, so let’s take a look at the differences and why you would or would not get the iSub G over the normal iSub.
- Price: iSub G is $5-9 more expensive than the iSub with the PC tank
- Pryrex Glass Tank: The iSub G comes with a Pyrex glass tank instead of the German polycarbonate one on the normal iSub
- Tank Capacity: The Pyrex tank on the iSub G has an extra 0.5ml tank capacity at 4.5ml compared to 4ml on the original
- Aesthetics: The iSub G has the Pyrex tank and instead of the PC bell shaped tank featuring a stainless steel top cap, which is my opinion looks slightly more sleek than the polycarbonate one
- Stainless Steel Removable Drip Tip: The drip tip on the iSub G is removable so you can use your own drip tips, whereas the normal iSub drip tip cannot be removed
Performance of the Innokin iSub G
As we mentioned in the other review, we were really impressed with the performance of the iSub and were impressed with the iSub G as well. The iSub G vapes very well and provides fantastic flavor. The iSub G also features the no-spill coil swap system which is a neat little feature allowing to swap coils easily without any leakages and spills!
Should you get the iSub G or the iSub with the PC tank?
So the big difference is the Pyrex tank and the overall aesthetics of this iSub G. I think a lot of people might prefer the looks of the iSub G, as in my opinion it looks slightly more elegant. Apart from the aesthetics there isn’t much of a difference apart from the extra 0.5ml of e-juice capacity and the removable drip tip. Does it warrant the extra $5-8? Yes and No, as it will come down to your personal preference and if you like the bell shaped PC tank on the iSub versus the more elegant Pyrex glass and stainless steel finish on the iSub G. I dropped our PC tank on the other iSub and it didn’t break and have been told it is more durable than Pyrex. I doubt the Pyrex tank will survive a fall! For me the price point on the iSub tank with the PC is a reason why I would get that tank over the iSub G, as it is so affordable. The iSub G is still very affordable and at the lower end of the sub ohm tank price spectrum, so if you prefer its looks then I think it is a good affordable sub ohm tank that works well and provides massive clouds and great flavor.
As I said in the previous review the flavor and clouds are right up there with the more expensive tanks. It isn’t quite as good as the Crown, Atlantis 2, Freemax Starre, Herakles, but it isn’t far off. For its very low price point that is very impressive and makes both the iSub G and the iSub PC good buys, depending on what you prefer aesthetically and price wise.
Overall we really like the iSub G and think if you like the Pyrex tank and stainless steel top cap more than the bell shaped PC tank, then it is definitely worth the extra $5-9.
If you are unsure on which to get or have any questions on the Innokin iSub G tank, then drop us a comment below!