The pro touch
Just a few years ago touchscreen mods were unfathomable. But in 2017 they’re a reality. SMOK made a huge splash on the scene with the G-Priv and recently we saw the Smoant Charon. Today we will have a look at the Cuboid Pro, the latest offering from Joyetech’s Cuboid series.
Joyetech Cuboid Pro Kit Specs and features
- Mod size: 56.0 mm (L) * 30.0 mm (W) * 85.0 mm (H)
- Screen type: 2.4 inch TFT/CTP(Capacity Touch Panel) screen
- Screen resolution: 320 * 240 dpi
- Output wattage: 1-200 W
- Output mode: VW/VT(Ni, Ti, SS316)/TCR(M1, M2, M3) Mode
- Features: responsive touch screen, well designed UI, easy-to-go interface, tap button, vibration motor, 2-amp quick charge, multi-protections, power bank, preheat, real-time clock, custom wallpaper
- Resistance range: 0.05-1.5 ohm for VT/TCR mode, 0.1-3.5 ohm for VW mode
- Temperature range: 100-315°C/ 200-600°F
- Depth of 510 pins applicable: 4.0-5.5 mm
- Battery using: Dual replaceable high rate 18650 cells (CDC 25 A)
- Colors: silver, black, red, yellow, blue
- Max charging current: 2.0 A
- Max output current: 50 A
- Max output voltage: 9 V
- Procore Aries tank
- Size: 25.0 mm * 51.0 mm (standard)
- 25.0 mm * 44.0 mm (2 mL)
- Capacity: 4.0 mL/2.0 mL
- Color: silver, black, red, yellow, blue
The Cuboid Pro has a boxed out design, with a 2.4 inch touch panel that takes up a large portion of the actual device. The screen resolution is also extremely crisp and bright. The user interface is clean and easy to operate. Personalized wallpaper makes for a fully customizable experience including preheat modes and an option to turn your mod into a power bank.
The Cuboid Pro runs on two 18650 batteries and fires up to 200 watts. It has full temperature control functionality with adjustable TCR. Complete with reverse charging, overcharge/overtime protection etc. Essentially all of the safety features you would expect on a luxurious box mod.
The Cuboid has a nice, spring-loaded 510 connection accommodating atomizers up to 25 mm.
The Cuboid Pro makes use of new TAPTEC technology, which can be used an alternative firing switch when enabled. What has been your experience with Joyetech mods that use TAPTEC?
Standout features include a real-time clock display and a built-in pedometer. Some day these things are going to have full WiFi capabilities and make full conference calls. Am I right?
The Aries tank is reminiscent of the Eleaf Ello, and has a fill method similar to the iJoy Maxo. It features adjustable airflow to achieve the perfect balance of flavor and clouds. The Aries tank is 25mm in diameter and comes with a 4 mL and a 2 mL glass section for TPD compliance.
The ProCore Aries is available in the same colors as the Cubis Pro for those who like to match.
There’s also a wide range of coil options available for it:
C1 – 0.4 ohm (40-80 watts)
C4 – 0.15ohm (50-110 watts)
C1-S – 0.25ohm (25-55 watts)
C2 – 0.15 ohms (30-70 watts)
C3 – 0.2 ohms (40-130 watts)
The design is reminiscent of the Eleaf Ello tank, and has a fill method similar to the iJoy Maxo. It features adjustable airflow to achieve the perfect balance of flavor and clouds. The ProCore Aries is available in the same colors as the Cubis Pro for those who love a nice matching setup.
If you’re in the market for a touchscreen mod, and want an alternative to the G-Priv or Charon, this may be the move. Just know that it comes with a price. Touch screens will drain your batteries faster and are a lot more fragile.
If you are the type of person who drops their mod often, than this might not be the best choice for you. The Joyetech Cuboid Pro is a nice option for the high-tech, high-wattage vapers.
What do you think about touchscreen mods? Thumbs up, or is this getting a little out of hand?