In this review we take a look at Vapebox, a relatively new e-liquid and hardware subscription service in the US (also ship internationally). The e-liquid subscription market has become highly competitive with the likes of Zamplebox, Zodist, Juicebox and Craftvapery all fighting it out for monthly subscribers. What makes Vapebox different and how do they stand out from the crowd?! We find out below.
Subscriptions Boxes and Pricing
- Sampler: 2-3 bottles $20/mo (45ml of e-liquid)
- Juice Lovers: 4-5 bottles $32/mo (75ml of e-liquid)
- Enthusiast: 4-5 bottles and 1-2 pieces of hardware and/or accessories $60/mo (75ml of e-liquid + hardware)
- Sampler: $4
- Juice Lovers: $5
- Enthusiast: $6
Content of our Vape Boxes so far
So far we have received two months worth of the Enthusiast Vapebox and have been pretty happy with the e-liquids and hardware we have received. You can see the contents of the boxes we received below.
- La Feu by Connoisseur
- I <3 Donuts by Mad Hatter Juice
- Nonne Torte Al Limone by P.O.E.T.
- Reign by Cloud9
- Batch 01 by Tinted Brew
- Head Bangin’ Boogie by Charlie’s Chalk Dust
- Loop Ninja by Nick’s Blissful Brews
- Lemon Biscotti by Emoji
- Nobunaga Mini by Tendou Vapor
- Tool Kit by Geek Vape
We have tried two months worth of the Vapebox Enthusiast subscription. This is Vapebox’s most popular subscription box and in our opinion their unique selling point. The Enthusiast Vapebox comes with e-liquids as well some hardware and/or accessories. If you are looking for some new hardware, accessories alongside some new e-liquid flavors then this is the box for you.
Signing up to Vapebox is very simple and selecting your flavor profiles and hardware preferences has been made as easy as possible. We selected the High VG option, which gives you the choices of 0, 3, 6 and 12mg nicotine. Vapebox also allows you to choose your vaping experience level and this will no doubt be factored into the hardware you receive. You can also choose what sort of hardware and tanks you would like to receive.
Overall the e-liquids and hardware we received were pretty good. Obviously e-liquids can be a bit hit and miss, but what we liked most was that the brands were all pretty recognizable. The new flavor pofiling system seems to work well and the majority of flavors we received were enjoyable and matched our profile. With regards to hardware and accessories, we chose RDAs and regulated mods and so far have got some nice RDAs as well as some nice accessories including a tool kit by Geekvape.
Shipping internationally isn’t cheap and you might have customs issues, so we wouldn’t recommend it if you are EU based. Even if you are based in the US you pay $6 shipping on the Enthusiasts box, which takes the monthly cost to $66. It sounds like a lot, but for what you get it isn’t too bad.
- Hardware included in Enthusiasts box (majority of subscribers are subbed to this box)
- Recognizable e-liquid brands
- Decent and interesting hardware and accessories
- Flavor profiling seems pretty accurate
- Easy to sign-up and select your flavor profile and hardware preference
- Easy to unsubscribe should you wish to
- Rate e-juices in your boxes for more personalized boxes in the future
- Store available for purchases of individual hardware and e-juices
- $6 shipping for the enthusiast box within the US
- Slightly pricier than some other e-liquid subscription services
We have certainly enjoyed receiving our Enthusiast Vapebox every month and it is always exciting opening the new boxes. We recommend Vapebox to those looking for an e-liquid and hardware subscription box or for those looking for an e-liquid subscription with solid flavor profiling and great e-liquid brands. Whilst Vapebox isn’t as cheap as competitor Zamplebox, we found the e-liquid brands in each month’s package to be more well-known than those from Zamplebox. The flavor profiling also seemed to be slightly more accurate as we enjoyed the vast majority of the e-liquids we got.