VaporFi Atom Intro
If you know anything about herbal vaporizers, then you already know the PAX by PAX Labs is considered one of the top dogs of the weed vape game. Today we are comparing it to a similar-looking vaporizer, that is a bit cheaper in price. I wonder how it is going to stack up….
Many people admire the PAX but would never spend over $200 for one. The VaporFi Atom just might be VaporFi’s answer to people who want a vape that performs like a PAX, for less cash.
Although the PAX was clearly the main inspiration behind the VaporFi atom, this is not just a rebrand. VaporFi took some of the best features from the original PAX vaporizers and combined them with some unique ones. Below we will take a thorough look and comparison.
VaporFi Atom Gallery
VaporFi Atom Specs and Features
- 1 x VaporFi Atom™ Dry Herb Vaporizer
- 1 x Straight Mouthpiece (Pre-Installed)
- 1 x Oven Door (Pre-Installed)
- 1 x Replacement Screen
- 2 x Cleaning Pipes
- 1 x Packing Tool
- 1 x Micro USB Cable
- 1 x User Manual
- Size of Body: 98mmx21.5mmx31mm
- Size of Mouthpiece: 23mmx21.5mmx31mm
- Color: Black
- Battery: Built-In Battery
- Battery Capacity: 3000mAh
- Output Voltage: 3.3-4.2V
- Output Wattage: 15W
- Max Operating Current: 4A
- Sensing Probe: negative temperature coefficient
- Baking Temperature: 360F/410F/464F
- Heating Time: less than 1 minute
- Charging Time: 2-3 hours via USB or AC Wall Charger
- Silicone Mouthpiece: 100% Food Grade
- Humanized Design: With the function of memory
Get ready to hear me mention the PAX a few more times in this review because I can’t help but compare it to the VaporFi atom. Its shape and design is quite similar with the exception of the mouthpiece which protrudes and curves more than the one on the PAX. Aesthetically speaking, it’s not as cool to look at but it feels great on the lips.
Ok, here is where things get a little tricky. The actual quality of the vapor was not an issue, the flavor was fantastic, however there was minimal visible vapor on the low and medium settings. This is definitely designed more for flavor and not so much for clouds, it’s for the flavor-chasers.
If that is going to be an issue for you, then you might just want to look into the PAX 3 or the Matrix. However, if you want a stealthy weed vape that you can use rather discretely, the VaporFi atom is an excellent choice, especially considering it’s $60 cheaper than the PAX 2.
The actual quality of the VaporFi Atom is not bad, but definitely not as good as the PAX 2 or 3. I can already predict that the longevity isn’t as good either, though the performance is similar. The PAX’s just have a sturdier feel to them and even the pieces feel heavier and more solid.
The size and portability of the VaporFi Atom makes it convenient to carry anywhere. It fits great in your hand or pocket. The battery life on the Atom is actually really good. I was able to get a whole bunch of sessions in before I even had to think about charging it.
Another cool feature on the VaporFi Atom is the Micro-USB charging port. Not only can you vape while charging, but it doesn’t require any proprietary charging docks or cables, unlike the PAX line of vaporizers.
For the price, the VaporFi Atom is pretty good, considering that it is about $60 cheaper than the PAX 2. The flavor and performance you will get is similar to that of a PAX, but if you had an herbal vaporizer cloud competition, I’m pretty sure the PAX 3 would dominate 9 times out of 10.
If you are just going for a nice, affordable and stealthy weed vape, then the VaporFi Atom could be your secret weapon. VaporFi is a well known and trusted company that offers a 100% money back guarantee on all of their products so if you are not happy with it, simply just send it back.
- Micro-USB charging
- Great flavor
- Good battery life
- Good value
- Money-back Guarantee
- Doesn’t produce a lot amount of visible vapor
- Dry herb needs to be stirred up during session
- Mouthpiece looks a bit awkward
Tips for Using the VaporFi Atom
- Make sure your herb is not too sticky or moist. If so, break them up and let them sit for a few minutes until dry before you pack into your VaporFi Atom.
- Always use a grinder before packing the VaporFi Atom. This will increase surface area of your dry herb, and will expose the crystals, aka trichomes for maximum vaporization.
- Pack a decent amount to fill the VaporFi Atom herb chamber. If you don’t pack enough, the heat will not be transferred properly and this can affect your session.
- Use a packing tool to make sure your herb is sitting together nicely in the herb chamber of your VaporFi Atom. Don’t overpack or push herb together too tightly or you will obstruct the airpath.
- Start with a low heat setting, and work your way up. Higher temperatures will give you more vapor, but it will be harsher. Lower temperature will put out less vapor but will taste better. Hold the button and select between the settings: Low (blue), Medium (yellow) and High (red).
- Always clean your VaporFi Atom herb chamber after each session. If you wait too long, it is going to be much harder to clean later. My grandma used to say “a stitch in time saves nine”.
If you want a similar experience to the PAX, without spending $200 or more bucks, then this is your ticket. If you are expecting the VaporFi Atom to be a 1:1 replica then you’re going to be disappointed. It is very similar but the PAX just has more weight to it and feels much sturdier.
If you need something to use on the go, and don’t want to spend more than $150, then check out the VaporFi Atom. You get some of the best features from the PAX 2 and a few extra ones like Micro-USB pass-thru charging capability. This is for the vaper on-the-go, on a budget.