Wismec Reuleaux RX2 20700 intro
Wismec’s Reuleaux series has been iterated more times than we care to count! And just when it appears that Wismec has FINALLY moved onto greener pastures, the Reuleaux makes a return appearance on this month’s list of “New Vape Items”.
Are. You. Freaking. Serious?
Retail Price: $45.99 – $69.80
Colors: Black, Brown, Green
Wismec Reuleaux RX2 20700 specs and features
- Size(Mod): 43.2*35.2*81.7 mm
- Height(atomizer): 45 mm
- Diameter(atomizer): 25 mm
- E-liquid Capacity: 2 / 4 mL
- Thread Type: 510 spring loaded connector
- Output Mode: VW /TC-Ni / TC-Ti / TCSS / TCR mode
- Output Wattage: 1 – 200 W
- Cell Type: high-rate 20700 cell (discharging current should be above 25 A)
- high-rate 18650 cell with the help of battery sleeve (discharging current should be above 25 A)
- Resistance Range: 0.05 – 1.5 Ohm for TC modes & 0.1-3.5 Ohm for VW mode
- Temperature Range: 100 – 315°C / 200 – 600°F (TC modes)
- Maximum Charging Current: 2 A
- Maximum Output Current: 50 A
- Output Voltage Range: 0.5 – 9 V
- 1 x Reuleaux RX2 20700 mod (no cells)
- 1 x GNOME
- 1 x WM02 Dual 0.15 Ohm Head
- 1 x WM03 Triple 0.2 Ohm Head
- 1 x QC USB Cable
- 2 x User Manual
- 2 x Warning Card
- Spare parts
A mod by any other name…
Now don’t get me wrong, there is nothing bad about this mod, per se. The original Reuleaux was a hit for good reason. Granted, the design has improved a lot from one model to the next…
But even so, it feels like Wismec has turned into that annoying co-worker that won’t stop talking about their “perfect child”.
Which brings us to the discussion on hand – the RX2 20700. As you can tell from the name alone, Wismec has designed this box mod to be compatible with both 20700 and 18650 cells. This means that users can expect a max output power of 200-watts with a top output voltage of 9 V.
Fitted with a large 1.3-inch OLED screen, which users will recognize from the RX GEN3 – the mod’s outer appearance is relatively unchanged, with a larger firing button and single adjustment button being the main differences between them.
When sold as a kit, the RX2 20700 box mod is paired with the GNOME Atomizer, which is now available in either a 2 mL or 4 mL capacity. And while it is a design we have seen before; the replaceable WM coil heads do provide excellent vapor and flavor at higher levels, so it’s hard to argue with this.
Right. So, let’s be totally frank. All things considered, there isn’t much new tech to be excited about and even the look and feel is almost identical. And while it is probably not worth trading in your “almost new” RX GEN3 or equivalent, if you happen to be due for an upgrade anyway, it is still a good bet! What has been your experience with the Wismec Reuleaux series so far? Is it worth upgrading to the RX2 20700? Leave a comment!