Looking into the Eclipse
Pioneer4U hit the game strong and had a great reputation for many years, until their last few iPV’s. Instead of continuing to focus on creating gear for budget-minded vapers, Pioneer4U is aiming at the higher end of the market with this device. Of course with any high-end price tag, we come to expect luxury and performance. Is this the iPV mod we’ve all been waiting for?
At almost half the price of the SX Mini G class, the iPV Eclipse contains many similar features, made possible by the advanced SX420 chipset and SXi-Q operating system. The color screen on the Eclipse offers high definition visuals to accommodate its sophisticated user interface. The mod does temp control for stainless steel, nickel and titanium plus custom TCR functionality. It also has programmable heating curves in addition to five preconfigured ramp-up modes.
Price – $89
iPV Eclipse 200W Specs and features
- Powered by the YiHi SX420 Chipset
- Easy user interface through the advanced SXi-Q operating system
- Full-color TFT IPS HD screen
- Sturdy and reliable side-firing bar
- Customizable wallpaper
- Highly-accurate temperature control presets for SS316L/Ni200/Ti 01/SX Pure as well as Manual TCR for any wire types. Manual TCR range between 0.00050-0.00700
- Power and Temp ramp-up preconfigured modes: Soft, Eco, Standard, Powerful, and Powerful+
- SXi-Q-S1 mode allows fully customizable power of temperature control at half second intervals over a 20 second fire time. Build your own ramp-up!
- Upgradeable firmware
- Balanced charging with multi colored battery charge indicators
- Double-locking battery door
- Safety protections from: low voltage, low resistance, high input voltage, overheat, output short circuit, and reverse battery/reverse polarity
- Auto-setting coil resistance along with customizable coil resistance control
- Output Power: 5W-200W
- Output Voltage: 1.0V – 9.5V
- Output Temperature 212 ° F – 572 ° F or 100 ° C – 300 ° C
- Output Joules (watts of power radiated per second) 10J 120J
- Size: 90.2mm * 51.1mm * 31mm
- Weight 181.1g
- Colors: Silver, red, purple, yellow, green, blue
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 xEclipse IPV 200W Box Mod
Ballin' on a budget
The iPV Eclipse is compatible with two rechargeable 18650 batteries and obviously takes a few design cues from the Sigelei KAOS Spectrum, SMOK Alien and Wismec Presa. It’s shape is also reminiscent of the iPV Vesta, but hopefully P4U has learned from their former mistakes.
The other features that pop out on the iPV Eclipse would have to be its luxurious aesthetic, and a squeezable, rounded fire button that is resistant to auto-firing. You also now have the ability to customize your color wallpaper and fonts, which just adds to its already stunning visual appeal. One thing you will not find on this mod is a joystick, though it does have three functional buttons.
If you’ve had your eye on the SX Mini G Class, but can’t dig its price tag, this could be the one for you. The performance is about as close as you can get, for nearly half the price. If this mod is well received, it just might salvage the iPV name. What’s your impression of the iPV Eclipse?