SMOK Micro One 150 Kit Intro
Higher quality starter kits that contain a medium-power temp-control mod matched with a sub-ohm tank have become all the rage over the past year.
Such kits provide the performance of an equivalent component set-up, but in an all-in-one package. The Kits aren’t usually less expensive than their component-based counterparts, and may even be more expensive sometimes, but their convenience and simplicity is a definite plus for many vapers. Buy a single item (the Kit), add some eliquid (which many buyers will already have), and vape. Less to learn, less to buy, and a lot to enjoy.
The USB-rechargeable LiPo batteries in the kit mods provide good performance and modest but sufficient vape time between recharges. Internal LiPo batteries are ideal for newer vapers who may not own 18650 high-drain batteries or dedicated chargers.
The SMOK Micro One 150 isn’t really a “starter” kit, per se. It’s for someone who has experience with vaping and wants to move up to a high-power setup, but without purchasing individual components.
SMOK Micro One 150 Kit Gallery
SMOK Micro One 150 Kit Specs and Features
- 1 – R150 Box Mod
- 1 – Minos Sub-Ohm Tank
- 1 – 0.3ohm Minos Q2 Coil Head
- 1 – Minos-RTA M2 Deck
- 1 – Replacement Glass Tube
- 1 – MicroUSB Cable
- Spare Parts
- Instructional Manual
- Integrated 1900mAh Battery Capacity
- Wattage Output Range: 6~150W
- Voltage Output Range: 0.35~8V
- Temperature Range: 200-600F
- Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.08ohm
- Supports Ni200 Nickel
- and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
- Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR) Adjustments
- Intelligent Atomizer Recognition
- Adjustable Initial Resistance
- Premium Rubberized Finish
- Durable Soft Feel
- Intuitive OLED Display
- Oversize Firing Mechanism
- Top-Sided Two-Button Adjustment
- MicroUSB Port – Firmware Upgrades
- Puff Monitoring System
- 12 Seconds Cut-Off
- Low Battery Warning
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Over-Heat Protection
- Spring-Loaded 510 Center Pin
- Dimensions: 1-15/16″ x 15/16″
- Diameter: 25mm
- 510 Threaded
- 4.0ml Eliquid Capacity
- Top Fill Design with a Hinge Lock
- Minos Q2 Fused Clapton Dual Core 0.3ohm Atomizer Heads
- for Variable Wattage (Recommended 30-80 Watts)
- Two Bottom Adjustable Airflow Slots
- Unique 510 Cone Drip Tip with a V-Shape Airflow Channel
- Removable Top Refill System for Convenient and Easy Refills
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Glass Tank
- Minos M2 RTA Large Velocity Style Build Deck
Online prices for the SMOK Micro One Kit vary from $56-75.
The R150 mod is surprisingly small and compact for 150W output, which is why it contains only a 1900mAh capacity LiPo battery. More info on the battery life can be found here. It’s not quite a stealth vape, but close. The small size of the R150 box mod is also why the screen display and adjustment buttons are on top, next to the spring-loaded 510 connector.
The Minos “Creteking” Q2 Core sub-ohm tank is a cut below SMOK’s “TF” line in quality of design and construction, but the 25mm diameter tank vapes well and includes a spacious Velocity-style RBA deck head that has dual Clapton coils already installed. Just wick it, install the head in the base, and vape. The factory clearo heads are proprietary to the Minos tank and not interchangeable with any SMOK TF tanks.
Performance is good, every bit as much as one would hope. Firing is instantaneous with no delay. The included factory clearo head for the Minos Tank won’t handle more than 80 watts, so the extra 70 watts the R150 mod can crank out are essentially headroom. The RBA deck performs very well at more moderate wattage, 40 to 60 watts.
Temp control allows the expected and industry standard three wire types — nickel, titanium, and stainless steel — with adjustable TCR values, and provides a quality TC vape.
Recharging via USB is relatively quick and hassle-free. As an added bonus, the mod is firmware upgradable via the USB port, although SMOK hasn’t yet released any updates.
150 watts of power
Instantaneous firing (no delay)
Less heavy-duty than other SMOK products
For the intermediate vaper who wants a high-power setup in a very compact, all-in-one, USB-recharged package, the Micro One 150 Kit should have considerable appeal. My sole concern is how long the R150 box mod will hold up under constant use. It may prove sturdy and reliable or it might not. Time will tell.