Join a national trade association.
- You’ll have to decide whether the right choice for you is SFATA (Vaping360 is a SFATA member) or the VTA. But if you aren’t getting behind a group that can lobby in Washington, you’re not helping. These groups need money to help fight for you, and even more than that, they need more members and voices who’ll help them be effective voices for the industry
Support the American Vaping Association.
- Probably no one person has done more to make vaping visible and build respect for this industry than Greg Conley, president of the AVA. You all know him, you all cheer him when he delivers testimony at hearings, or is interviewed on TV, or debates Stanton Glantz. So now is the time to support the AVA financially, and help keep this powerful voice speaking out for small vaping businesses
Join local business and fraternal organizations
- We need people outside of the vaping world to know and respect us. By being part of a local Chamber of Commerce, you extend your circle of supporters, and get influential people on your side. Few groups have more sway with legislators than organized business groups. They can help us — but not unless they know us and are educated about what we do
Inform ALL your customers!
- Don’t scare them, but be honest. Tell them the truth about what the FDA intends to do. Get them to fight with you, to join CASAA, to write and call their representatives. We’re way past the point for vendors or vapers to blow these things off. Make them care! (Here is 11 Simple Steps Any Vaper Can Do To Help Fight The FDA Ban On Vaping).
Convert more smokers to vaping
- We have less than two years to grow into an unstoppable force. We need more vapers. If your store actively recruits smokers, you’ll help build a bigger base of people who have a stake in this. You’ll also have more business! Please keep high-nic liquids and simple starter products available for new vapers; don’t cater just to the experienced vapers that are your regulars.
- Consider developing promotions that encourage smokers to become vapers. Some that we’ve seen include offering free starter kits with an e-liquid purchase, rewards programs that give incentives or discounts to regular customers for referring smokers, and future discounts for return visits by new vapers
Be an advocate all day, every day!
- Not everyone is cut out for testifying at public hearings or speaking to the press. But every business owner has to be educated and willing to speak to customers and non-vapers about the lifesaving technology they sell. If vaping saved your life and you want to offer that choice to others, tell the world!