More and more people are becoming aware of the potential health benefits of CBD oil. CBD has been making an appearance just about everywhere these days. Most likely there are CBD products for sale somewhere in your area right now. But with all of the different products and brands, how do you know which brands to trust and which products to buy? This guide will explain where to find the best CBD oil near you and give you an overview of what to look for (and what to avoid) when shopping for CBD oil.
Use this CBD oil locator to find a shop that sells CBD oil near you. If you are buying it in a store, check out some of our helpful tips below before spending your money.
Understand that not all CBD oil is created equal. Familiarize yourself with some of the more reputable CBD brands, and the ones that are not. Here are some helpful tips for buying CBD that will help you to choose the right products for you.
- Look for QR codes on the packaging. Not all CBD oil will have them, but if you scan it with your phone, you can view the lab test results before you make your purchase. If a product doesn’t have one, find out if they are independently tested by a credible third-party lab. If they don’t perform lab testing, they are not worth the time of day.
- CBD oil comes in various strengths and bottle sizes, which can make it difficult to compare prices. The most important thing to know is the amount of CBD in milligrams and the price. Then you can work out the exact price per mg by dividing the amount of CBD by the price. So if a bottle contains 1000 mg of CBD and it cost $60, the price per mg is going to be about $0.06. Using this method, you can clearly see the difference between prices among various sizes and brands.
- Make sure you know the difference between CBD oil and hemp seed oil. They are not the same thing, and only one of them actually contains CBD, despite both being derived from hemp. Likewise, it is important to understand the distinction between CBD oil (tinctures) and CBD vape juice. CBD oil is made for oral use and CBD vape juice is made for vaping.
- Look at the labels and make sure it contains the proper amount of CBD and THC and is made with a good carrier base liquid, which is usually going to be some form of MCT oil or olive oil. In the case of CBD vape juice, which can also be used as a tincture, it should only have propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin (flavors are likely going to be listed as well). The CBD oil should be made with high-quality CBD isolate or a clean CO2 extract derived from high-quality organically grown hemp.
If you don’t have access to high-quality CBD oil in your area, you can buy it online. There are plenty of reputable vendors and CBD companies that you can order from directly. Online shopping comes with its own unique advantages versus buying in stores. Let’s look at a few of the main reasons why so many people are still buying their CBD oil online instead of a local shop.
- Better overview of brands and prices: Buying anything online allows you to get a better overview of the products out there. You can browse various shops and vendors to find the products that meet your needs and budget.
- Wider range of options and prices: The internet has virtually an endless selection of CBD oil and products. You will be able to find a wider range of brands, CBD strengths, bottle sizes, varieties, and prices. You’ll notice that the prices for CBD oil tend to be cheaper online, especially once you have worked out the price per mg.
- Extra deals and coupon codes: There are coupon codes that you can use to save money on your purchase. Most online CBD vendors have frequent deals, bundles, and various special offers. Some of them even offer free shipping and discounts to veterans and people with disabilities.
- Purchase directly from the manufacturer: Another advantage of shopping online is the ability to purchase CBD oil and other products directly from the manufacturer. You get a clear picture of their products and pricing, and browse reviews from their customers. Most reputable brands make their lab test results accessible on their website.
Today, there are literally hundreds of CBD brands on the market. We have personally tested dozens of them over the years. Some of our personal favorites include Hemp Bombs, CBDfx, CBDistillery, Charlotte’s Web and Avida, just to name a few. Browse our CBD reviews to find out more brands that are suitable for your needs.
What makes a CBD brand reputable? Over the years, a certain standard has been established for the production of CBD. This includes transparent business practices and products that undergo thorough testing by a credible third-party laboratory. The test results should be made available to the public on their website. Many companies have taken that a step further and provide full traceability for every batch they produce.
At the very least, the lab test results should confirm that the product is accurately labeled for cannabinoid content, especially CBD and THC. It should also show that they are utilizing clean extraction methods. That means no pesticides, solvents, or contaminants. Furthermore, good CBD oil is generally extracted from organic hemp and is formulated with a high-quality carrier oil like coconut or olive oil (in the cases of tinctures).
Whether you’re shopping online or not, customer service is crucial. You can get a good idea of a company’s customer service reputation by browsing through reviews from real customers and other platforms like Reddit. It is also important to compare prices across brands and shops to make sure you are getting the best possible deals. Also be sure to take advantage of special offers, deals and discounts to save some additional money.
Now that you know what to look for, it’s important to know what to avoid. It should be more obvious to you now, but here are some key things to look for when you are shopping for CBD oil.
- Avoid brands that do not perform lab testing on their products for potency and purity.
- Always calculate the price per mg to make sure the product is fairly priced.
- If you are looking for a THC-free CBD oil, make sure it specifies “THC-free” on it and avoid full spectrum CBD oil, unless you are looking for a CBD oil that contains 0.3% THC or more.
- CBD oil tinctures are designed specifically for oral use. There are many great-tasting CBD e-liquids designed specifically for vaping.
- Learn the difference between CBD oil and hemp oil, and make sure you are getting the right one.
- Avoid overpriced CBD oil, compare prices between different manufacturers.