Eleaf iStick 100W TC Intro
Today we’re taking a quick look at the Eleaf iStick 100W TC, which is a dual 18650, 120 watt (more on that later), temperature control mod. The iStick 100W TC is a reasonably priced, TC capable mod with plenty of power. Eleaf is known for their bargain-priced mods, and, sometimes, Eleaf products can be hit or miss with regard to durability and longevity. This mod isn’t old enough to speak to those aspects, but it does feel like a more quality device than the previous iStick 100W.
Eleaf iStick TC100W Specs and Features
- Gift Box
- iStick TC100W mod
- USB charging and software update cable
- User manual
- Size: 52mm*23mm*94mm
- Thread type: 510 thread
- Cell type: high-rate 18650 cells
- (Discharge current should be above 25A, for example, Sony VTC4)
- Output mode: VW/Bypass/TC(Ni/Ti/SS/TCR-M1,M2,M3) mode
- Output wattage: 1-100W
- Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes)
- 0.1-3.5ohm (VW/Bypass mode)
- Temperature range: 100－315C/200－600F(TC modes)
- Color: grey, black, white
Fit and Finish of the iStick 100W/TC
Fit and finish are “ok.” The magnetic battery doors on the iStick100W/TC are held tight, but there are small gaps at top and bottom of the doors (not unsightly, but worth noting). The screen is on the dim side due to the smoked plastic cover plate. The buttons are plastic and rattle slightly (but nowhere near how much button rattle was on the iStick 100W). The exterior paint (I have the black one) is nicely done and seems durable.
Ease of Use
Using the mod is stone simple. The Eleaf iStick TC100W doesn’t have a lot of configuration features, so setting it up to use is as easy as turn it on, select wire type, set desired wattage limit, set desired temperature and vape. In TC mode, the mod supports Ni200, TiG1, SS316, and manual TCR entry which allows the use of any wire type.
Unique feature on the iStick 100W/TC
One interesting feature is the fire bar. Rather than a fire button, the Eleaf iStck TC100W uses one of the battery doors as a fire bar, similar to the Smok Xcube II fire bar. There is no fumbling for a fire button with this mod. Instead of squeezing a finger to fire, you just grip the mod.
I’d say one of the best aspects of this mod is the form factor. The Eleaf iStick TC100W is very compact for a dual 18650 TC mod and features rounded sides. This mod feels great in the hand and is small enough to slip into most pockets, unless you wear skinny jeans!
Performance of the Eleaf iStick 100W/TC
The performance is “ok.” There is a noticeable lag between pressing the fire bar and the mod actually firing. I also found the TC to run on the cool side when using titanium grade 1 wire (no big deal, just increase the temp setting, but I need to mention it). It does provide plenty of power and it does regulate temperature very smoothly.
- Reasonable price
- Compact form factor and comfortable feel
- Built in support for several common wire types along with manual TCR entry capability
- Smooth TC vape with plenty of power
- Easy to set up and use, plus firmware is upgradable (upgrade to 120W already available)
- Firing time lag is annoying
- Gaps at ends of battery doors and has some button rattle
- Slightly wider than 22mm so 22mm attys “underhang” the top of the mod
- Dim screen
The Eleaf iStick TC100W is a nice little dual 18650 mod that does temp control. While I found the TC accuracy to be a little off, the stability was perfect, providing a smooth TC vape with no issues there. The price is reasonable for what you get and I plan to carry this mod with me often.